Night (Oprah's Book Club)

Night - Marion Wiesel, Elie Wiesel This was a precisely 2 and half hours read. Fast, and not at all superficial.. but touching.

I didn't though find it as amazing as other people did. I gave it four stars because it's a story of a great magnitude, not because of the writing or the style or the presentation. If you are used to reading behind the lines, to see the true meaning and to really imagine the things that were happening, this is a book for you.

It's bad to be excited about a book that speaks of such a tragedy, but I am excited because it was a good read and I recommend this to anyone who wants to see the truth through the eyes of someone that experienced it.

Also, to clarify. ELie Wiesel is a Romanian, being born in Sighetu - Marmatiei, a city of Transylvania. In 1940, my country lost that city following the Second Vienna Award, when we were forced to give up some 40.000 square km of Transylvania to Hungary. SO! It was some while ago under occupation, but it is still a Romanian city! I said all this because I encoutered many times things like he was Hungarian or blah blah. Nope. Ro-ma-ni-an. Full stop.